Home Events in Venice
During the year a lot of world wide events take place in Venice: the Carnival, the Historical Regatta, the Biennale of Arts, and many other important exhibitions held in various museums.
- Regata delle Befane - 6th January - Canal Grande
The historical regatta along the Canal Grande, raced by regatta champions in fancy dresses.
- Venice Carnival - February (15 days before the Lent) - Venezia
It is the most known among venetian traditional events. Thousands of fancy dressed people come from all over the world for sharing a busy time table of happenings and amusements.
- San Marco on April 25th
- Festa della Sensa – sixth Sunday after Easter - San Nicolò (Lido di Venezia)
The feast of Sensa celebrates the "marriage with the sea". During a special ceremony on the water the ring of the bond with the sea is thrown from Bucintoro in front of the port of S. Andrea, water door of Venice.
- Vogalonga - May (the sunday after the Ascension) - Laguna di Venezia
The Vogalonga is the regatta and venetian row festival. Thousands of boats defile in front of San Marco through the most important islands of the lagoon.
- Festa del Redentore - July (the third Saturday/Sunday of July) - Bacino San Marco
It is the famous feast ending with fire games. In the basin of San Marco thousands of boats get together and wait by tasting typical venetian for the big final.
- Regata Storica - September (the first sunday of the month) - Canal Grande
The historical Regatta is an ancient competition on the traditional venetian boats. Men and women are busy to defile through the heart of the town.
- The Biennale of arts at Giardini (Gardens) in summer every two years;
- The Festival of Cinema at the Lido and the literature award Supercampiello in the frame of Palazzo Ducale;
- Campiello Awards - September (first/second sunday of the month) - Palazzo Ducale
It is probably the most important Italian literature award. In the wonderful frame of the inner court of Palazzo Ducale an international jury rewards the best literature works of the year.
- Venice Marathon - October (middle of month) - Stra (Riv. del Brenta)
The Venice marathon is the most important international sport competition taking place in Venice. One of the most famous marathons of the world offers the charm of a wonderful environment with the arrival close to Piazza San Marco
- The Madonna della Salute holiday on November 21, one of the cherished by the inhabitants.