Venice is a unique city in the world!
Every year more than 20 millions of visitors are amazed at the sight of the City.
With a small sum of money you will become one of the City’s sponsors and
contribute to its safeguard.
Starting on the 24th of August 2011, all visitors who stay in an accommodation facility within the territory
of the Municipality of Venice have to pay the “Tourist tax”.
The collected funds will help the City to improve the quality of the tourist services (museums, events,…) and finance works aimed at maintaining, using and safeguarding the city’s cultural and architectural heritage.
Thank you for being Venice’s sponsors.
THE TAX IS DUE ONLY FOR THE FIRST FIVE DAYS OF STAY. CHILDREN UNDER 10 YEARS
OF AGE ARE EXEMPTED, YOUTH BETWEEN 10 AND 16 YEARS OF AGE BENEFIT FROM
A 50% REDUCTION. THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES ARE ALSO EXEMPTED: PATIENTS
UNDERGOING REHABILITATIVE THERAPIES AT HEALTH FACILITIES IN THE CITY AND
THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS; TOUR LEADERS AND TOUR COACH DRIVERS.
The tax will be paid by the customer on the spot.
Summarized below, you may find costs and exemptions (valid for 3-star hotels):
EURO 3,00 per person per day – high season
EURO 1,50 per person per day – low season
High season includes the following periods:
- from 24.08.2011 to 31.10.2011
- from 03.12.2011 to 09.12.2011
- from 23.12.2011 to 08.01.2012 (Christmas and New Year’s eve)
- from 04.02.2012 to 22.02.2012 (Carnival time)
- from 01.04.2012 to 31.10.2012.
- Children up to 10 years old
- People who stay more than 5 consecutive days , limited from the sixth night.
- 50% Reduction for young people between 10 and 16 years old