San Tarasio Chapel

Andrea del Castagno, San Tarasio Chapel, 1442, Venice, Church of San Zaccaria


The San Tarasio Chapel is located in the apse of the previous Church of San Zaccaria (of which the crypt remains, today suggestively flooded with water). For its decoration, Florentine Andrea del Castagno was called, his fresco featuring the Eternal between Saints Zaccaria, John the Baptist and the Evangelists marks the appearance of Tuscan Renaissance in Venice.



  1. Keywords: andrea del castagno, venice, renaissance, chiesa di san zaccaria, florence, arte.it, masterpieces

Hotel Canaletto srl